Tuesday, May 26, 2020

ISTE2019 - Day 2

The excitement in the Expo Hall was palpable.
My mission today was to visit the people whose products I already use to say thank you, as well as check out new products that colleagues in the tech field were talking about with enthusiasm.
I was not disappointed.
The theme this year was STEM and all it was all around us:  robotics, drones, electronics, circuits, and LEGOs -- Oh, My!!
I played with LEGO Mindstorm robots (I co-coach a FLL LEGO League  team) and Little Bits circuits before stopping at the MackinMaker booth to see  Dena O (@MissTechQueen) present on
STEAM in the classroom.
Little Bits circuits


After checking out new toys, I took advantage of the mini sessions at various Booths.  First up was a game of Kahoot - a game based online platform for quizzes.  We actually played a combination of online & paper version on general knowledge -- great fun for us and I'm sure the kids will love it for interactive reviews.
KAHOOT game


Next up was the FlipGrid booth where I took advantage of the flexible seating (an inflatable unicorn) to watch a #FLIPHUNT presentation by Kathi Kersznowski (@KathiKerz). FlipGrid is a website platform where teachers create "grids" that pose questions to students who respond in video form.   A Fliphunt is "a digital scavenger hunt that takes place on Flipgrid. You create the Tasks to engage your students and challenge them to show what they know with video Responses."
So many possibilities for the classroom!
Flipgrid booth



No comments:

Post a Comment