Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Looking like a Movie Producer was never easier!

I have been using a digital storytelling website in my classroom for the last year that I absolutely ADORE!  It's fast and easy and makes me (and my students) look like a movie-making genius (ok so the secret is out). The site, http://Animoto.com/education, is fantastic for creating all types of wonderful videos with a plethora of themes.  It's as simple as uploading pictures/images & sorting them, choosing a theme, choosing music, and pushing a button! Animoto takes care of the rest. Within a few minutes, the video is finished and ready to download or share.
Last month, I had my 2nd grade illustrate the parts of the Lifecycle of a Butterfly in MS Paint. I saved the drawings as jpg files and uploaded them to Animoto. We picked a theme (sky and clouds) and a song "Elusive Butterfly" by Geoff Byrd - and let Animoto do its magic. The students, teachers, and parents were thrilled.
Recently, I did the same as they drew different scenes from the Nativity story (music by Steven Curtis Chapman -- O Little Town Of Bethelehem). It was beautiful. Check it out.
Animoto offers several pricing plans from Lite (free/limited) to professional, but educators can apply for a free Animoto Plus account for use in the classroom.  It's     worth it whatever plan you choose !

No comments:

Post a Comment